The new features include:
- Chrome now allows you to hide items from the New Tab Page. It also offers drag and drop support. You can even pin a thumbnail to a particular spot.
- The address-bar (called the Omnibox) got a new feature that allows you to quickly scan the results shown based on the icon.
- Chrome now supports theming. This is a long-awaited feature. Although earlier theming was possible, it was not officially supported. Google has released a gallery of 29 themes. None of the themes, however, looks as good as the default one.
- The already-blazing-fast Google chrome has got even more speed. The native V8 JavScript engine has been given a boost. It's now 30% faster.
- Google chrome now supports HTML5 <video> tag support.
This release is a significant improvement. Recently Firefox reached billionth download. If Google Chrome team continues adding such new features, it won't be long before Chrome becomes an essential replacement of Firefox.